Wednesday 15 March 2017

What is Truth?

It happens often when on line
Some lurid 'post' attracts my eye
A quiz invites me to waste time
Taunting me my skills to try.

How many fall right in this trap
And seem amazed at their high score
What hidden knowledge do they tap?
Myself, I think that less is more!

Are these set - morale to boost?
To think we know more than we do?
Ignorance comes home to roost
My trivia quotient is shot through!

The world moves forward at such speed
Those who learned from books are old
The internet creates a need
Which younger generations hold

To find out answers straight away
Though a quick foray on the Web
Yes, the Trivia quiz is fun to play
Though reference books are far from dead!

What price accuracy today?
Is 'Cut and Paste' work error-free?
We «sticklers» spot gaffes right away
Genuine research is key!

(c) Poet in the woods 2017

Title: famous quote from Pilate ...



No comments:

Post a Comment